LIFE OF A BUTTERFLY
POLISH TITLE: ŻYCIE MOTYLA
An insight into mechanisms of human self-destruction. Marcin Różalski (35) a veteran of martial arts is a modern gladiator. His life is a continuous fight tinted with conscious and consequent destruction of his body and health. ‘Life of a Butterfly’ is a story about the price one pays for an adamant and uncompromising aspiration to reach one's aim. It is a tale of fear, hatred, constant escape as well as unconditional love to another person.
- RUNNING TIME:
- Piotr Bernaś
- Piotr Bernaś
- Łukasz Żal, Piotr Bernaś, Marcin Łaskawiec
- Paweł Laskowski, Piotr Bernaś, Marcin Latanik , Ziemowit Jaworski
- Endorfina Studio, Marta Golba
Director, cinematographer, photographer, documentalist, member of European Film Academy. He used to work a war photographer for Gazeta Wyborcza. He won numerous awards at Polish and International Press Photography competitions for his photo-reportages from Poland, Iraq, Iran, Sri Lanka, Georgia, Great Britain. Graduated from documentary course at Andrzej Wajda Masterschool of Film Directing in 2010. Nominated for European Film Award in 2011 for his short film ‘Paparazzi’. Participant of DOK.INCUBATOR 2013 (with Life of a Butterfly film project).
- 55th Krakow Film Festival, Poland, 2015 (competition)
- 28th International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2015 (competition)
- Parnu Film Festival, Estonia, 2016 (competition)