THE LAUNCH OF REDESIGNED WEBSITES POLISH DOCS, POLISH SHORTS AND POLISH ANIMATIONS
From today on the websites Polish Docs, Polish Shorts and Polish Animations devoted to documentary, short and animated films welcome visitors with the clean, uncluttered design. Apart from quite well known websites Polish Docs and Polish Shorts, that have now received the new structure, the third one, brand new – Polish Animations website – is introduced.
The launching of internet websites was first initiated in 2007 by the Krakow Film Foundation with the support of the Polish Film Institute. For years now the websites have been complementing all year round projects – Polish Docs, Polish Shorts and Polish Animations that are carried out by the Foundation and aim at promoting Polish films in Poland and abroad.
The websites Polish Docs, Polish Shorts and Polish Animations are dedicated to filmmakers, producers, journalists, representatives of the film industry and the viewers and include:
* the updated database of Polish documentary, short and animated films that include both the latest productions as well as older films
* the database of the Polish producers accompanied by the links to their websites
* the database of the festivals, film markets, grants, workshops, film and financing institutions etc.
* the latest information on the awards given to Polish films at international festivals
* the information on screenings and successes of Polish films abroad
* the information about call for applications launched by festivals, workshops, pitching forums, film markets, scholarships and other film events
* a handy calendar including the dates of the festivals, markets, pitching forums and deadlines etc.
* interviews with filmmakers, film reviews and articles
Three newsletters provide news on the latest events and happenings related to documentary, short and animated films. The websites are adjusted for various mobile devices.
The new design was made by the Krakow based design studio Teren Prywatny, while the website was created and put together by the Interactive Agency YO.
Projects Polish Docs, Polish Shorts and Polish Animations are carried out with the financial support of Polish Film Institute and Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, while its partner is the Krakow Festival Office.