POLISH TITLE: GRUBA KAŚKA
In the city water pump there are 8 clams. The lives of millions of people depend on them. In case of contamination of water supply, the clams will close and automatically shut off the water for the city. The main scientist-malacologist watches over the system's operation. The film is a philosophical essay on dependence people from nature and the world around them.
- RUNNING TIME:
- Julia Pełka
- Julia Pełka
- Szymon Kluz
- Julia Pełka, Andrzej Czarnecki
- Studio Munka
Julia is a Polish director and cinematographer born and living in Warsaw. She graduated from a MA in Cinematography from the Lodz Film School in 2012 and Andrzej Wajda Master School of Film Directing. She won a prestigious scholarship of Minister of Culture and National Heritage for the most talented young artists „Young Poland”.
She received the artistic scholarship in the field of documentary from the Marshal of Warsaw City.
She is a member of the Polish Filmmakers’ Association.
- Freiburger Filmforum - Festival of Transcultural Cinema 2021, Germany, 2021 (screening)
- Warsaw Film Festival, Poland, 2019 (competition)
- Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival 2020, Canada, 2020 (competition)
- 19th Euganea Film Festival, Italy, 2020 (competition)
- 23rd CinemAmbiente Environmental Film Festival, Italy, 2020 (competition)
- Nature Film Festival, Austria, 2020 (competition)
- Porto Femme International Film Festival, 2020, Portugal, 2020 (competition)
- 13th Central and Eastern European Film Festival CinEast, Luxembourg, 2020 (competition)
- 13th Annual Imagine Science Film Festival, USA, 2020 (In Vivo Award)
- 4th West Lake International Documentary Festival, 2020 (competition)
- 18th BOGOSHORTS Bogotá Short Film Festival, Columbia, 2020 (competition)
- GoEast Film Festival 2021, Germany, 2021 (competition)