POLISH TITLE: MATKA 24 H.
Film is a journey into human hearts. It takes its origins from the copy of the picture of Black Madonna of Częstochowa that for the last 55 years has been traveling accross Poland visiting cities and small villages. The Holy Picture of Black Madonna is left with families willing to host it for 24 hours. This visit marks a remarkable time in protagonists life. Yet the loving, spiritual mother, that is full of grace, forgiveness and love is visiting their house. The Black Madonna becomes a symbolic figure of a Polish Mother. Protagonists’ stories are revealed one by one in the context of faith or lack of it but above all the key motif of the film is brought by a meaning of mother in one’s life. The film has a mosaic structure while the diversity of the protagonist is shown in the context of changeable seasons.
FILM REPRESENTED BY KRAKOW FILM FOUNDATION
- RUNNING TIME:
- Marcin Janos Krawczyk
- Marcin Janos Krawczyk
- Marcin Sauter, Michał Marczak, Marcin Kukielski
- Tymek Wiskirski, Anna Wagner, Aleksandra Panisko
- JANOS FILM PRODUCTION
Marcin Janos Krawczyk »
Marcin Janos Krawczyk. Born on 26 October 1978. Director, Writer, Producer. Member of the Polish Filmmakers Association. Graduate of the Andrzej Wajda Master School of Film Directing and the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Wroclaw. As a director, he made his debut with the film "Rendez-vous", nominated for and winning numerous awards at dozens of festivals around the world, including Hot Docs 2007 Silverdocs 2007, Cinema du Reel 2007, and the Short Film Competition at the 57th Berlinale International Film Festival 2007. Another of his films, "Six Weeks", premièred at the IDFA festival in Amsterdam in 2009, where it won the main prize. In the same year, it also won the Silver Eye and was selected for over forty festivals. As a producer he debuted with the film "Mother 24/7" made for Polish Television. Currently at the festiwal "The Land of the Homeless".
- 29th Warsaw Film Festival, Poland, 2013 (screening)
- DOK.Leipizg, Germany, 2013 (screening)
- 3rd Kyiv International Short Film Festival, Ukraine, 2014 (screening)
- 41st Huesca International Film Festival, Spain, 2013 (competition)
- 13. T-mobile New Horizons, Poland, 2013 (Best Short Documentary)
- Cinema Verite - Iran International Documentary FF, Iran, 2013 (competition)