OH GOD DEAR GOD
POLISH TITLE: OJ BOŻE, DROGI BOŻE
An old couple of villagers sits in front of their house observing nature and commenting village's life. They have been living in their wooden house for all their life. One day their peace is ruined by very laud visitors...
FILM REPRESENTED BY THE KRAKOW FILM FOUNDATION
- RUNNING TIME:
- Julia Popławska
- Julia Popławska
- Andrzej Popławski
- Grzegorz Liwiński
- Mistrzowska Szkoła Reżyserii Filmowej Andrzeja Wajdy (obecnie: Wajda Studio)
Documentary filmmaker and TV journalist. Member of Polish Filmmakers Association. She worked as a correspondent for Newsweek Polska in Denmark in 2002 - 2005. She has collaborated with TVP (Polish National Television), Canal+, Kino Polska, TVN. Author of the documentary about Tibetans living in Poland - Children of Dalai Lama (2008), an exclusive interview with H.H. Dalai Lama (2009) and a television documentary The Polish Righteous (2008) about Poles who helped Jews during World War II. She graduated from Andrzej Wajda Master School of Film Directing in Warsaw, making documentary - Oh God, dear God (2010). (2011 - Guía de Isora, MiradasDoc Festival, Spain, prize for the Best Short Document, Kielce Festival of Documentary "Nurt", Mention).
In 2012 she won the competition for the best script about the old town of Mexico City announced by Docs Festival in Mexico DF. She completed short film - "Centro" at the place within 100 hours.
In 2014 The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage scholarship holder. In 2015 she got Ontario Genomics Institute Artist Award and took part in Science and Communications residency at Banff Centre in Canada.
In 2015 she completed document "The Place" (Munk Studio).
- Aye Aye Film Festival, France, 2010 (screening)
- FilmPOLSKA, Germany, 2011 (screening)
- “Golden Apricot” 8th Yerevan Film Festival, Armenia, 2011 (screening)
- Ljubljana Independent Documentary Film Festival Dokubazaar, Slovenia, 2011 (screening)
- Let's Cee Film Festival, Austria, 2013 (screening)
- Era New Horizons International Film Festival 2010, Poland, 2010 (competition)
- Festival de Boca del Lobo, Spain, 2010 (competition)
- 26. International Short Film Festival interfilm, Berlin, Germany, 2010 (competition)
- 52. International Festival of Documentary and Short Film of Bilbao, Spain, 2010 (competition)
- International Film and Music Festival Küsrendorf, Serbia, 2011 (competition)
- 7th ZagrebDox, Croatia, 2011 (competition)
- Heart of Gold International Film Festival, Australia, 2011 (competition)
- Open City London Documentary Festival, UK, 2011 (competition)
- SilverDocs, USA, 2011 (competition)
- MiradasDoc Festival, Spain, 2011 (Best Short Documentary)
- 20. European Film Festival for Documentaries dokumentART, Germany/Poland, 2011 (competition)
- 11th International Short Film Festival FENACO, Peru, 2014 (competition)
- 11th Peru International Short Film Festival, FENACO Cusco, Peru, 2014 (competition)