POLISH TITLE: KULISY
REPRESENTED BY KFF
Backstage at the National Opera in Warsaw. Worn hands carve wooden props, bend sheets of metal, dye tonnes of silk. Not a word is spoken. The Kubrick-esque images of the craftspeople speak for themselves.
"Backstage" is a tribute to the invisible labor of costume makers, upholsterers, dyers, metal workers, shoemakers, wig designers, carpenters, and all the other craftspeople who devote their lives to art but are almost always obscured by the incandescence of the stage.
- RUNNING TIME:
- Ada Smyk
- Ada Smyk
- Tobiasz Czołpiński
- Katarzyna Śpioch
- Tomasz Gąssowski
- Sebastian Włodarczyk, Łukasz Świerzawski
- Studio Munka
Ada Smyk »Ada Smyk (born 1996 in Lublin, Poland) is a graduate of Collegium Artes Liberales and College of Interdisciplinary Individual Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Warsaw.
- Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival 2022, Canada, 2022 (screening)
- 38th Warsaw Film Festival, Poland, 2022 (screening)
- 2022 SXSW Film Festival, USA, 2022 (competition)
- 5th Ravno Selo Film Festival, Serbia, 2022 (competition)
- 2022 Snake Alley Festival of Film, USA, 2022 (competition)
- 18 ficmonterrey – Monterrey International Film Festival, Mexico, 2022, 2022 (competition)
- 13th ONE Country ONE Film International Festival, France, 2022 (competition)
- CinEast Central and Eastern European Film Festival in Luxembourg 2022, 2022 (competition)
- Kontrast Filmfest 2023, Germany, 2023 (competition)
- 24th Festival International MUSIC & CINEMA Marseille, France, 2023 (competition)