POLISH TITLE: PROSZĘ O CISZĘ
In her movie Eri Mizutani invites us to experience mysterious world, carefully hidden from us behind the walls of the polish boarding school. The young students have their own magic world, hardly accessible for the others, the "normal" ones. By a subtle observation and without a spoken word we access their everyday life throughout the year. Getting to know their habits, gestures and facial expressions we access the environment full of acceptance, understanding and airiness - so different from the world outside. Film allows us to share the childrens’ emotions, their visions of the world and eventually, to hear their voices.
Eri Mizutani in her movie transgresses hard to cross communication barriers between the worlds of adults and children, deaf and hearing.
- RUNNING TIME:
- Eri Mizutani
- Eri Mizutani
- Alicia Devaux
- Tamahin Mehanni, Sabina Filipowicz
- Panos Rriska
- Bogdan Klat
- Państwowa Wyższa Szkoła Filmowa, Telewizyjna i Teatralna
Since 2010 I study in the Leon Schiller National Higher School of Film, Television and Theatre in Łódź. In 2013 I directed the documentary “Zostanie tylko pragnienie” and the short film „Niewidomi”. In 2014 I directed the documentaries „Śni mi się” and „Ciemna przestrzeń”. The same year I also took part in the staging of the Japonese-inspired theatre play „Niespełniona miłość”. Nowadays I am directing theatre workshops for young people in partnership with the foundation Ai, preparing two theatre plays: „Romeo and Juliet” and „Poszukiwanie miłości” (Academic Center of Artistic Initiatives in Lodz).
- DOK Leipzig, Germany, 2018 (screening)
- TRT Documentary Awards, Turkey, 2018 (competition)
- 26th Curtas Vila do Conde IFF, Portugal, 2018 (Best European Film School Prize)
- Seminci - Valladolid IFF, Spain, 2018 (competition)
- Listapad Minsk IFF, Belarus, 2018 (competition)
- Verzio FF, Hungary, 2018 (competition)
- 21st Mecal Pro, Barcelona International Short and Animation Festival, Spain, 2019 (competition)
- Bethlehem Student Film Festival, Palestine, 2019 (competition)