HOW TO BECOME A POPE?
POLISH TITLE: JAK ZOSTAĆ PAPIEŻEM?
A warm-hearted comedy about a ten year old boy who wants to become a Pope. The protagonist is an alter boy, who finds out about an audition for a part of John Paul II in a musical. The boy approaches this task as if it was a holy mission, but his parents do not treat him seriously. What is he going to learn?
- RUNNING TIME:
- Justyna Mytnik
- Justyna Mytnik, Miłosz Kasiura
- Miłosz Kasiura
- Dorota Roś
- Ewa Bogusz
- Państwowa Wyższa Szkoła Filmowa, Telewizyjna i Teatralna
Born in 1988. Director and screenwriter. Studying Direction at the Lodz Film School. Studied Art History and English Literature at the University of Edinburgh. Creator of the show Defunct Pig, which was staged at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Won a rector’s scholarship from the Lodz Film School and a scholarship from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, among others. In 2015, won an award for young artists for her direction of the stage play Tit Anik at Warsaw’s Teatr Rozmaitości.
- MakeDox, Macedonia, 2018 (screening)
- 33rd Warsaw Film Festival, Poland, 2017 (Best Short Documentary)
- PÖFF Shorts Short Film and Animation Festival 2017, Estonia, 2017 (competition)
- ZagrebDOX 2018, Croatia, 2018 (competition)
- Brooklyn FF, USA, 2018 (competition)
- In The Palace International Short FF, Bulgaria, 2018 (competition)
- Early Bird Film Festival, Bulgaria, 2018 (competition)