POLISH TITLE: ARABSKI SEKRET
Kamil Filipek wants to meet his father Ilham Al Madfai. Ilham is a renowned star of the Arabic folk music in the Middle East. The two have never met. The director invites viewers to Kamil’s live, to observe and reflect on the meaning of finding ones’ roots. Can the meeting with his father shed some light on the inner secret - who he really is? This will be not only meeting of two people, but also meeting of two cultures. Kamil represents both of them – raised in Poland, deeply in his soul partly belongs to the East. Does those two cultures can coexist together nowadays?
- RUNNING TIME:
- Julia Groszek
- Julia Groszek
- Bolesław Kielak
- Hubert Pusek p.s.m.
- Błażej Kanclerz
- Wajda Studio
A documentary and short fiction movies director, Julia Groszek is a graduate of the DOK PRO documentary course in Wajda School in Warsaw. Her work focuses on the search for peoples’ identity. “Dodge’s Palace”, her first movie explores the male community of railway workers in Romania and their sense of self defined by their home-away-from-home. A short movie "Fairground Revenge" made within 48 Hour Film Project won the awards for the best use of genre and for best cinematography. Julia holds a Master degree in Humanities and speaks 4 languages.
- 57. Krakow Film Festival, Poland, 2017 (competition)
- Ismailia International Film Festival for Documentaries and Shorts, Egypt, 2018 (Jury Prize)
- FEST — New Directors | New Films Festival, Portugal, 2018 (competition)
- 8th AegeanDocs International Film Festival, 2020, Greece, 2020 (Best European Film Award)
- Ontario International Film Festival, 2020, Canada, 2020 (competition)
- 1st LHI Film Festival, Spain, 2020 (competition)